I first saw this idea from Chin Deep-check out her blog you will love it!!! I thought a walking taco idea was the cutest so I made my favorite chilli recipe (meat only) in the crockpot and then we loaded it up with all the fixins! You can also serve this in the tortilla bowls I used below-super fun, too! Or, good old fashioned taco shells of course!
GOODIES YOU’LL NEED….
Crockpot Tortilla Bowl Maker Mini Bags of Fritos & Doritos
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2½ pounds ground beef
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 1 onion
- chilli powder, salt, pepper
- Optional Toppings for serving:
- chopped red onion
- shredded cheeses
- sour cream
- Mini bags of chips for serving in
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add beef to brown.
- Season meat well with salt, pepper, chilli powder.
- Transfer to crockpot.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth.
- Add onion and season all again if needed.
- Cook on low 4 hours.
- If reheating the next day like I did, do so in a skillet on low.
- Serve in frito/dorito bags with chopped fixins!