Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup has everything you love about classic stuffed peppers, but in a cozy low carb soup recipe that will warm you from the inside out. Plus by swapping the standard cooked rice for cauliflower rice, you cut the carbs and add more veggies for some seriously healthy comfort food. There are even options to make it in your Instant Pot, slow cooker, or right on the stove. This is an easy low carb dinner recipe your entire family will love.
I’ve probably told you this before, but my husband always claims that he is “not really a soup person.” Even after he has devoured a bowl of soup I’ve made, he still tells me, “This was pretty good, but I still don’t really like soup.”
My youngest takes after daddy when it comes to soup. Or so he says. And it did not go over well when I made Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Peppers.
My oldest hates tomatoes. He had a bad tomato experience when he was little and still won’t touch them. He picks them all out when I make Crockpot Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes and Basil.
Green peppers? Don’t get me started.
So why on Earth would I make this soup? Sometimes what mama wants mama gets.
And I actually got both the low carb soup I wanted AND positive reviews from the family.
Low Carb Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
I absolutely loved the beefy flavor and all the cauliflower rice and veggies. The picky little one devoured it in about three minutes and drank every drop out of the bowl. And the husband and big guy said it was pretty good. Given their attitudes about things like soup and tomatoes, I think that counts as a rave.
So now it’s your turn to win over the family.
What is in this low carb soup recipe?
- ground beef
- salt and pepper
- beef broth
- green bell pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- red pepper flakes
- riced cauliflower – you can use fresh or frozen
Depending on how you want to make the soup, you’ll need one of the following:
- Instant Pot – using a pressure cooker allows you to cook everything in one appliance, and it is ready in about 30 minutes.
- Slow cooker – you’ll have brown the ground beef in a separate skillet, but if you have some prep time the night before or in the morning, and want to be able to come home to dinner ready and waiting for you, this is a great option. For the amount of soup this makes, a simple 4-quart crock pot is all you need.
- Large pot – I like to use a heavy-bottomed pot, such as enameled cast iron, so you can saute everything in the pot and even keep it over low heat for a longer time without burning because of the even heat distribution.
How do you make Stuffed Pepper Soup?
You have three different options, whether you want to cook it fast, cook it slow, or cook it in the traditional way without any special appliances.
Make it in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot:
- Saute the ground beef until it is no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beef broth, chopped bell peppers and tomatoes, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Seal and cook using the soup function.
- Release the pressure and add cauliflower rice, then use the soup function to cook for another few minutes.
Make it in your slow cooker:
- Cook the beef in a skillet, followed by the onions and garlic.
- Transfer to your slow cooker with the remaining ingredients except for the riced cauliflower.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, adding the cauli rice during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Make it on the stovetop:
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef, then add the onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add everything except the cauliflower to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a half hour, adding the cauliflower rice for the last five minutes.
About Keto Soups and Stews
This easy and flavorful low carb soup recipe is from my friend Carolyn’s cookbook Keto Soups & Stews. In this cookbook, she gives you over fifty recipes for the comfort food you crave any time of the year. Her blog All Day I Dream About Food is already a treasure trove of low carb deliciousness. But she is sharing even more of her amazing recipes in her collection of keto cookbooks.
As with all her cookbooks, Carolyn starts out by giving you all of her best tips, tools, and ingredient recommendations. Then she dives into a chapter on making your own broth, but of course, tells you her favorite brands if you want to buy it.
The chapters are then divided by proteins (chicken soups and stews, beef, pork, and even seafood), plus a vegetarian chapter. And each recipe has a full-color photo with a photo index at the back of the book. The Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup, Italian Meatball Veggie Soup, New Mexico-Style Red Pork Chili, and Mushroom Brie Soup are totally calling my name.
Where can I buy Easy Keto Soups & Stews?
You will find this book on bookstore shelves and possible even in Costco, but you can always get it on Amazon, along with Carolyn’s other cookbooks. Her recipes are perfect for my family, because, for example, I can have her Chicken Enchilada Skillet on cauli rice in a lettuce wrap, they can have theirs with brown rice or tortillas.
- The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen has all the keto basics with information and recipes for every meal of the day to get you started on your low carb journey.
- Easy Keto Dinners will help you with your menu planning so you can stay low carb even on the busiest of nights.
- Easy Keto Desserts will have you drooling, especially if you have a sweet tooth like me.
- Easy Keto Breakfasts will have you starting your day with more than just bacon and eggs, like her Low Carb Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
More low carb dinners with ground beef:
- Keto Chili is a steamy bowl of deliciousness you can make in your crockpot or Instant Pot.
- Healthy Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Cauliflower Mash cuts the carbs out of the classic comfort food.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Keto Quiche gives new meaning to breakfast for dinner.
- Easy Beef Egg Roll Bowls are ready in no time with simple pantry ingredients.
- Keto Chili Dog Pie is totally kid-approved.
More low carb soup recipes:
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup uses a veggie-packed secret to make it as creamy and cheesy as what you get at a restaurant.
- Greek Chicken Zoodle Soup keeps the fresh Mediterranean flavors of this classic soup but swaps out the rice for zoodles.
- Stove Top or Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup with Sage and Thyme is smooth and velvety and soul-warming.
- Low Carb Keto Zuppa Toscana is a copycat without the carbs from Shugary Sweets.
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Soup is the ultimate low carb comfort food when you are sick from I Breathe I’m Hungry
Low Carb Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
You’ll be putting this recipe on your regular dinner rotation. Whether you follow a keto lifestyle or not, I guarantee you will love the flavors from classic stuffed peppers. But in this low carb soup, you’ll warm your body and soul, and even squeeze in a few extra veggies. That’s always a good thing for everyone!
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!