Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Skewers are threaded with juicy marinated chicken, sweet pineapple, and crunchy peppers and onions. Once they’re grilled to perfection they’re drizzled with an easy to make (and refined sugar-free!) tasty teriyaki sauce and served with either coconut rice or healthy coconut cauli rice.
Summer is here and it’s time to fire up the grill! This is my favorite eating season, mostly because of the deliciously charred anything that comes off the BBQ.
Remember when we dedicated an entire month to grilling recipes last year? That was awesome. #bringonthebbq
What the heck are grilled Hawaiian chicken skewers?
- All the sweet, tropical tastes of Hawaii grilled on a kebab.
- A super easy to make teriyaki sauce that has no refined sugar.
- Pineapple! and lots of it cause grilled pineapple is all thing amazing.
- Tender pieces of marinated and perfectly charred chicken.
- BBQ peppers and onions. We can’t get enough of grilled veggies!
- Gluten-free and paleo, cause that’s often how we roll around here. But honestly just forget I ever said that and just make these because they’re freaking delicious.
See that teriyaki sauce up there? That is summertime magic. It’s sticky and sweet and full of flavor. It’s also super easy to make.
How to make healthier teriyaki sauce
Are you ready for this? Ok, here’s how to make it:
? Put the 6 ingredients in a pot and bring it to a boil.
That’s it! I’m serious. This is a one-step and done teriyaki sauce. There’s really no reason to ever buy store-bought teriyaki sauce again!
Just look at how delicious it is! ?
Want some more delicious grilled chicken recipes?
- Thai Chicken Kebabs with Almond Lime Satay Sauce
- Lemongrass Grilled Chicken with Sriracha Mayo
- Grilled Mezcal Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Mustard Chicken with Creamy Walnut Sauce
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Margarita Chicken with Agave and Tequila
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
We clearly have a thing for grilled chicken around here!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO GET HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES EACH WEEK + OUR COOKBOOK!
If you love this Hawaiian Chicken Skewers recipe as much as I do, make sure to give them a 5-star review in the comments below!